Saturday, August 7, 2010

Perrys Lookdown- Lockleys-return.

Sometimes I feel quite smug about where I live. Like today.

I'm hoping this will be a regular jaunt as thoughts vaguely turn towards Bogong-Hotham.... about 12K of rocky trails with 1300m climbing and descent, bisecting the iconic Blue Gum Forest twice. Frigging awesome, wild views.

In Feb I did this with Rod, Beaver, Ponkey and Mick in 2.59. Considerably slower today. 3.23.58. Back then I was running three laps of Furber Steps every Thursday, track sessions etc, whereas lately I have been doing three fifths of bugger-all.

Splits as follows...

"Four Ways" in Blue Gum Forest- 37.45 (downhill)
Lockleys Summit- 60.00/ 1.37.45 (uphill)
"Four Ways" in Blue Gum Forest- 54.38/2.32.23 (downhill)
Perrys Lookdown carpark- 51.35/ 3.23.58 (uphill).

Magnificent day out, sunny but cold. Lockleys track is still exposed to the sun almost all the way, will be hell in summer. Quite a bit of loose rock around also, coming down was almost as slow as going up.

Some photos here.

1 comment:

Scam Bullant said...

Nice to have a post back here to read mister g. Thought we had lost you after your statement of retirement post TNF.